Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

29,000 Stitches

That's my estimate of how many stitches went into the Autumn Afghan.

Some more statistics:

60" x 70" finished size
3 borders
140 rows, 2 rows per stripe
180 stitches per row (all double crochet in granny stitch clusters)
12 colors (mostly Caron Simply Soft, some Deborah Norville Soft Worsted)
2400 yards (6 full skeins + 6 half skeins)
4 months
106 hours
LOVE this pattern! From Attic 24


To top it off, I decided to make a pillow with this beautiful owl fabric, which was part of the inspiration for this crazy crochet color explosion to start with.
I don't if there is a specific way to attach crochet to fabric, and at this point I was too tired to look it up. I just sewed a blanket stitch around all four sides of the pillow, and used that as my foundation to crochet the striped border.

Three of my mismatched buttons and loosely chained loops hold the pillow envelope closed on the back.

All ready for a nap!

I am pretty amazed that I stuck with this for four months, rather than putting it away and letting it age like the rest of my UFOs.

On that note, I'm going to unearth some of those poor, forgotten projects, and see if they can be salvaged.

Katrina

5 comments:

  1. You stuck at it! It looks wonderful, and all those stitches!!!! Congratulations. I love the variety of buttons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to have a tangible result from all that effort.

      Delete
  2. What a great project! I am an owl addict, so I completely understand why that fabric inspired the whole thing. Beautiful!
    xo, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in this! Way to go for sticking with it and getting it done. And for making such an adorable matching cushion!

    ReplyDelete