Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Coming Up Roses

In order to quell my impatience over my clumsy hand (still can’t work scissors), I’ve been making plans for the gifts I wasn’t able to finish in time for Christmas. One of them was a special order: a pink rose pillow.

The pillow part is fairly straightforward, mostly a question of size and shape. But the rose aspect is so complex, so multifaceted!

http://ms1.embroideryshristi.com/3532-thickbox/beautiful-pink-rose-embroidery-design.jpg
source
Will the rose (or roses) be printed, painted, embroidered, appliqued, quilted, or three-dimensional made of fabric petals, gathered ribbons, felt, or some as yet unknown type of design?

source

I got so many ideas I had to start tracking them on Pinterest 
 
Rose pillow
source

 


source



fabrics on fabric.com

 
 
So far I’ve experimented with a couple of ideas, and already learned a few lessons! (Hint: check your fabric content before embroidering, as cotton-lycra does not work well for this. LOL)
Katrina



7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your ideas! I have been thinking of I want to take up some sewing ideas too...
    huggs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you probably know, roses are one of my favorite things! I love the felt rose pillow from Bed Buggs, and would buy the pdf right now if it was in the shop!
    An applique quilt has long been on my to do wish list as well. I'll be watching to see what you decide on; such fun!
    xo, Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the quilt patterns out there are just incredible. So many patterns, just for roses! How could you ever pick one? But it's fun to look!

      Delete
  3. I am sorry you are still having problems with your hand. At least you are having fun on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of goes back to my theory of "those who can't do, plan." If things don't start moving soon, I'll be up to my ears in plans!

      Delete
  4. Hope your hand is on the mend - it must be very frustrating. Good that you're still managing to use your time for creativity.
    I had a flirt with Pinterest but haven't got to grips yet - there's so much, it's overwhelming.
    Take care, Susan x

    ReplyDelete