Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Citrusy Cake

When life gives us lemons, we do not make lemonade. We make CAKE!!!

This is Lemon-Orange Chiffon Cake, which The Piemaker found in the March issue of Southern Living. A bit more work than your average mix-and-pour cake batter, but definitely worth it (says the person who doesn’t have to do the work!).



Recipe here


In spite of the name, the orange juice and zest outnumber the lemon by three to one, which results in a heavily orange-flavored cake. You could probably play with the proportions to make it more lemony, or even add lime.Very sweet, rich, and delicious! Also, a great way to use up citrus when your trees are bending over with the weight of the fruit.

Looks like we'll be enjoying this one for quite some time.

Katrina

P.s. My thanks to Anita for her photo styling idea. So pretty!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I can almost smell the citrus.

    I'll have to head to the shop though, that's another fantasy garden where my lemon tree is weighed down with fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious! I may just give this a try; I have an overflow of oranges from family in Florida right now.

    Have a great day! xo, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cake, can't wait to make it! I also really enjoy your blog and joined it today. I hope you will check my blog out too -
    OMGalmost50.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really jealous, sis.

    Now I may have to make one for my upcoming birthday. I haven't asked, but I'm sure K would love to help me. She really wants to bake.

    Do they mean it when they call for a stand mixer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bro, I thought of you and your annual lemon cake when I saw this! You should absolutely give it a try, and no the stand mixer is not required. We're still using a 30-year-old hand mixer.

    ReplyDelete