Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

You Can Go Home Again

When I visit "home" I like to tour around some of my old haunts, but I rarely seem to have the time. While we were in CA last week, I really wanted to get out to the coast, even if it was to get just a glimpse of the ocean. Unfortunately I got a migraine and we didn’t quite make it all the way to the beach, but it was still a nice drive and I got a few pictures that I think are representative of the area.

Miles and miles of dairyland lie between Hwy 101 and the coast.

The black and white cows are my favorite.


We stopped in Point Reyes and ate lunch at the Pine Cone Diner.


Pt Reyes is an old and diverse community, with some unusual public art.

This is "Our Lady of the Harbor" in an empty lot just off the main street.

Closeup: she has birds, feathers, shells, fish, plants and other accessories and offerings

I could not resist this mossy, falling-down shack on the road to Petaluma

Of course, the common theme in my photos is the lush greenery. We had rain for two of our four days, and the air was humid the rest of the time. It was quite a shock to my desert-adapted system, but so pleasant. I hope to get back there again soon!
Katrina

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures.
    Makes me realise how we take our green for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are just beautiful!

    I can only imagine what the humidity feels like after being used to a much drier climate. When it gets very cold and the heat pump runs for days straight, it gets bone dry in the house. I find that if I don't run a humidifier I get horrible sinus headaches. Our bodies just don't like major climate changes at all. Did you get the migraine while you were out driving? How horrible that you had to suffer that while you were visiting your hometown.

    I hope that you are feeling better now, and that you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    xo, Anita

    ReplyDelete