Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Version of an Eclipse

Thank you so much for your well wishes! I am starting to feel a bit better. The new medication is making me very sleepy, but at least I'm catching up on my rest.

As you know, I generally avoid the sun. If I’m outside, I’m wearing big dark glasses and a hat, and running for the shady side of the house. So in spite of fond memories of making pinhole viewers in primary school, I wasn’t that interested in viewing Sunday’s eclipse directly. Still, I couldn’t resist going out to see what kind of light and shade patterns might be created by the solar phenomenon.

I was well rewarded!
 Thousands of crescent shapes were projected onto every surface in the neighborhood, as though the sun were shining through a wall of coke bottles.

Where the light filtered through branches, it gave a lovely Japanese brushstroke effect.
In some places it looked like a ghostly crowd of people waiting for something. 
Drama!
Did you get a chance to see the eclipse?
Katrina

5 comments:

  1. Those are amazing! I've seen a few photos of the eclipse, but I love your unique way of capturing it. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a few years to see a solar eclipse here on the East Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating images. No eclipse for us over here so extra thanks for sharing.

    Glad to hear you're on the mend. Take care, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really fascinating to see!
    As Snippa says we missed out unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not see it, so extra thanks for posting your really neat images. So glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was not visible here, but I've enjoyed the various pictures that I've seen. Yours are delightful!

    I hope that you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete