I think it’s a quite nice 40s or 50s housedress look. I love the fabric and I’m glad I used a bit of the sage green print to tone down the sweetness of the pink cherries. The only visible (to me) flaw is the odd placement of the buttons; I thought I compensated for the horizontal pull by moving the buttonholes slightly to the right of center, now I’m wondering if I accidentally moved them in the opposite direction! Not a big deal though, and the buttons are not very prominent.
I thought of posting a pattern review for this but I checked and found that that were already 29 reviews! It was funny to see that half of the reviewers were, like me, big crankypants about the collar and/or interfacing and the other half were perfectly happy with the whole thing. I probably won’t make this one again until I run through all the other shirtdress options in my collection.
To finish off pink week, I used up the last yard of the pink striped jersey for a top.
When I first started draping it, my vision for the top was to have horizontal stripes at one shoulder and vertical stripes at the other. In the finished garment, the transition actually gets a bit muddled with all the layers and folds.
Look what I found!
Staring at pink and blue stripes all day reminded me that I had something like this, so I had to go searching. I have a couple of drawers full of old costume jewelry collected over the years. Unfortunately I can’t remember when or where I collected this cute thing, but I know it must be more than 20 years old.
I think I’m all done with pink for a while, but I still have a stack of UFOs to get through. Plus, I think there may be more garden photos coming up soon.